LC2 Fellows Program
Leadership Cleveland alumni of all years are invited to become LC2 Fellows. LC2 Fellows spend 10 months engaging in a project-based, outcome-driven civic engagement experience. The mission of LC2 Fellows is to:
- Facilitate long-term, positive, sustainable change in Cleveland
- Achieve tangible results to address a compelling issue or opportunity in the civic realm
- Create meaningful relationships among alumni from different LC classes to optimize their talents and strengths
- Continue the civic education and involvement of LC alumni
LC2 Fellows 2016 will focus on the theme: "For the love of cities: Making Cleveland all that and more...". This challenge will ask the Fellows to consider how to make Cleveland inviting and welcoming to all so that it is a place where all can experience high quality of life.
In the past, look at what LC2 Fellows have accomplished.
- The first class took on the issues of talent attraction and retention. The result? Boomerang events in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland and Washington DC.
- The second class committed to making an impact on education in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The result? Mentoring students at a CMSD investment school, an adopt-a-school initiative, and a "loaned executive" program that engages LC alumni with projects in support of the administration and leadership of the district.
- The third class engaged in a project that capitalized on the renewed interest of waterfront development in downtown Cleveland. The result? A water taxi service to be run by the Cleveland Metroparks that goes up and down the Cuyahoga and out onto the lake.
- The fourth class, last year's class, undertook the challenge of reimagining Collinwood High School. The result? Options for consideration for how to re-develop the Collinwood High School building and a process map for how to address similar situations with other school buildings.
- LC2 is limited to 40 participants and open to all interested LC alumni
- Sessions: 1 retreat and six half-day program sessions at various venues in Cleveland
- Cost: $1,000 for-profit sector / $500 non-profit sector
- Dates (all sessions are held on Friday, 7:30-11:00 am, unless otherwise noted):
- October 2, 2015 (8:00 am-2:00 pm) - Opening retreat
- November 13, 2015
- December 11, 2015
- January 22, 2016
- February 19, 2016
- March 11, 2016
- April 15, 2016
- May 20, 2016
To register or ask questions, please contact Dr. Marcy Levy Shankman, Vice President of Strategy and Director of Leadership Cleveland, firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-592-2259.