LC alumni can extend experience,
impact through LC2 Fellows program
Leadership Cleveland alumni of all years are invited to become LC2 Fellows. LC2 Fellows spend 10 months engaging in a project-based, outcome-driven civic engagement experience. The mission of LC2 Fellows is to:
- Facilitate long-term, positive, sustainable change in Cleveland
- Achieve tangible results to address a compelling issue or opportunity in the civic realm
- Create meaningful relationships among alumni from different LC classes to optimize their talents and strengths
- Continue the civic education and involvement of LC alumni
The Class of 2017 will consider "The First 2,000 Days of a Child's Life: Quality of Life, Health and Education." To register for the LC2 Class of 2017, please complete the questionnaire below and send your tuition check to CLC.
In the past, look at what LC2 Fellows have accomplished:
- The Class of 2016 tackled the theme: "For the love of cities: Making Cleveland all that and more ..." The Fellows challenged themselves to consider how to make Cleveland inviting and welcoming to all so that it is a place where all can experience high quality of life. Details about their project will be announced soon.
- The Class of 2015 undertook the challenge of reimagining Collinwood High School. The result? Options for consideration for how to re-develop the Collinwood High School building and a process map for how to address similar situations with other school buildings.
- The Class of 2014 engaged in a project that capitalized on the renewed interest in waterfront development in downtown Cleveland. The result? A water taxi service to be run by the Cleveland Metroparks that goes up and down the Cuyahoga and out onto the lake. The service launched to the public in May 2016.
- The Class of 2013 committed to making an impact on education in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The result? Mentoring students at a CMSD investment school, an adopt-a-school initiative, and a "loaned executive" program that engages LC alumni with projects in support of the administration and leadership of the district.
- The inaugural class took on the issues of talent attraction and retention. The result? Boomerang events in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland and Washington DC.
- LC2 is limited to 40 participants and open to all interested LC alumni
- Sessions: 1 retreat and six half-day program sessions at various venues in Cleveland
- Cost: $1,000 for-profit sector / $500 non-profit sector
- No strict attendance requirements. We appreciate that you are busy and will do your best to participate, but may find it difficult to be present at all sessions.
- Class of 2017 tentative dates (all sessions are held on Friday, 7:30-11:00 am, unless otherwise noted) are:
- September 30, 2016 (8:00 am-2:00 pm) - Opening retreat
- October 28, 2016
- December 9, 2015
- January 20, 2017
- February 10, 2017 (if needed)
- March 10, 2017
- April 7, 2017
- May 19, 2016
Questions? Please contact Marianne Crosley, President and CEO of Cleveland Leadership Center, email@example.com or (216) 592-2298.