LC2 Fellows Program
LC2 Fellows make a difference in Cleveland. LC alumni have the opportunity to engage in a project-based, outcome-driven civic engagement experience. The mission of LC2 Fellows is to:
- Facilitate long-term, positive, sustainable change in Cleveland through maximizing LC relationships
- Achieve tangible results on projects led and managed by community leaders
- Network LC alumni across different classes to optimize their strengths in efforts that better Cleveland
- Continue the civic education and involvement of LC alumni
LC2 Fellows 2015 will be addressing the critical opportunity of neighborhood revitalization through schools. In the past, look at what LC2 Fellows have accomplished.
- The first class of LC2 Fellows took on the issues of talent attraction and retention. The result? Boomerang events in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland and Washington DC.
- The second class of LC2 Fellows committed to making an impact on education in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The result? Mentoring students at a CMSD investment school, an adopt-a-school initiative, and a "loaned executive" program that engages LC alumni with projects in support of the administration and leadership of the district.
- The third class of LC2 Fellows engaged in a project that capitalized on the renewed interest of waterfront development in downtown Cleveland. The result? A water taxi service to be run by the Cleveland Metroparks that goes up and down the Cuyahoga and out onto the lake.
- LC2 is limited to 40 participants and open to all interested LC alumni
- Sessions: 1 retreat and six half-day program sessions at various venues in Cleveland
- Cost: $1,000 for-profit sector / $500 non-profit sector
- Dates (all sessions are held on Friday, 7:30-11:00 am, unless otherwise noted):
- October 10, 2014 (8:00 am-2:00 pm)
- November 14, 2014
- December 12, 2014
- January 23, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- April 17, 2015
- May 29, 2015
To register or ask questions, please contact Dr. Marcy Levy Shankman, Director of Leadership Cleveland, firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-592-2259.