Look Up To Cleveland
Applications now being accepted for Summer Session 2015
Looking for a great way for high school students to spend a week this summer making unique connections to Cleveland, its cool neighborhoods, its top leaders, and to each other? To have a rewarding, meaningful - and fun! - experience?
At Look Up To Cleveland (LookUp) Summer Session, rising high school juniors and seniors learn about Northeast Ohio, develop leadership skills, cross traditional demographic boundaries, and see first-hand how they can make change and contribute to the community. Their experience starts amid the exciting bustle of University Circle, takes them across the community, and has a lasting impact on their lives:
"I am not sure I can adequately describe the impact the summer program had on our daughter. It was as if a light bulb went off in her head as she learned more about our city’s leaders and the industries they represent. It literally confirmed the concentration she wants to study in college. Your program showed her how she could have a fulfilling plan to achieve success."
--Parent of LookUp Summer 2014 participant
- Introduces students to community leaders they otherwise could not meet - including the Mayor of Cleveland - and cultivates an appreciation of Cleveland and its opportunities.
- Breaks down stereotypes, promotes diversity awareness and encourages team building among students from across Northeast Ohio to foster inclusive thinking and action.
- Challenges students to develop networking skills, create lifelong connections, and envision how they can make a difference in the community now and in the future.
LookUp is offered in two formats:
- LookUp Summer Session: A one-week session (Monday through Friday) offered in June and July.
Enrollment is open now!
- LookUp School Year Session: Seven full-day sessions, one per month from October through April, plus an overnight retreat.
Applications will be available in September.
Questions? Please contact Stacey Talley, Director of Look Up To Cleveland, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 592-2296.