2012 - Educate + Engage
In January 2012 the Board of Directors of Cleveland Leadership Center set forth the following directive to the CLC team:
Be Transformational - move all programs and outcomes to embrace “edu-gagement” – a term coined by our board to remind CLC staff that our education efforts should lead to engagement.
Our goal is not simply to create better informed and educated populations. Our goal is to inspire and challenge our participants to become engaged in civic affairs in a meaningful way. Go Cleveland.
With the support of board, alumni, corporations, foundations and individual supporters, Cleveland Leadership Center developed and executed initiatives to review existing programming and develop needed resources to advance the organization.
• 3 pilots became core programs:
- Leadership Cleveland - LC2 Fellows graduate offering for continued engagement of Leadership Cleveland participants)
- Look Up To Cleveland - Summer Leadership Academy offering for students unable to participate in LUTC during the school year.
- Civic Engagement Boot Camp - Immersion experience that captures the essence of Cleveland in one day.
- Enhanced curriculum in flagship programs driven by collaborative staff and board ad-hoc committee review.
- Amplified intergenerational alumni interaction through a new focus on delivering meaningful alumni programming and civic engagement opportunities.
- Identified and created new partnership initiatives in order to establish deeper multi-organization collaboration models.