What you need to know about Leadership Cleveland
The application period for the Class of 2017 is February 1 - March 15. Read more about the program below.
The program year
The 10-month program year begins with a mandatory opening retreat in September. Participants may miss only one session to remain in the program. Session days begin at 7:30 a.m. and end by 6:00 p.m. Dates for Leadership Cleveland Class of 2017:
- Meet and Greet: August 18, 2016.
- Opening Retreat (mandatory): September 8-10, 2016. Two overnight stays at class member's expense.
- Civic Engagement Day: October 6, 2016.
- Economic Development Day: November 3, 2016.
- Education Day: December 1, 2016.
- Mid-Year Retreat: January 12-13, 2017. Overnight stay at class member's expense.
- Human Services Day: February 2, 2017.
- Government Day: March 2, 2017.
- Quality of Life Day: April 6, 2017.
- Class Trip: May 8-9, 2017. One overnight stay at class member's expense; travel day - May 7.
- Commencement: June 8, 2017.
Participants also work in small teams for two to three months to plan a program session.
Admission to Leadership Cleveland is through a competitive application process open to C-suite, senior-level, experienced leaders from all sectors in the community. The online application is available from February 1, 2016, through 11:59 p.m. on March 15, 2016. To appy, applicants must have already demonstrated significant community involvement, have the full support of their organization, and have letters of support from two Leadership Cleveland alumni. Acceptance to the class is announced in June upon approval of the Cleveland Leadership Center Board of Trustees. Approximately 65 leaders are chosen annually through this highly competitive slection process.
Qualified candidates must:
- Demonstrate a significant level of volunteer leadership in the community.
- Be in a recognized and established senior-level leadership position within their profession.
- Plan to contribute their time, talent and/or financial resources to the community in the years ahead.
- Have full support of the organization or corporation where they are employed.
Tuition & fees
Tuition for the Class of 2017 is $6,000 and may be paid by the individual or employer. A limited number of need-based partial scholarships are available. In exceptional cases, payment plans can be arranged. Class members are responsible for additional fees such as overnight lodging for travel and incidentals.
For more information, contact Dr. Marcy Levy Shankman, Vice President for Strategy and Director of Leadership Cleveland, at (216)592-2259 or email@example.com.