What you need to know about Leadership Cleveland
Applications are no longer being taken for the Leadership Cleveland Class of 2016. The application period will reopen in February 2016 for the Class of 2017. Thank you for your interest.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Marcy Levy Shankman, Vice President for Strategy and Director of Leadership Cleveland, at (216) 592-2259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission to Leadership Cleveland is through a competitive application process open to C-suite, senior-level, experienced leaders from all sectors in the community. The online application is available from February 1, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. on March 16, 2015. To appy, leaders must have already demonstrated significant community involvement, have the full support of their organization, and have letters of support from two Leadership Cleveland alumni. Acceptance to the class is announced in June upon approval of the Cleveland Leadership Center Board of Trustees.
Qualified candidates must:
- Demonstrate a significant level of volunteer leadership in the community.
- Be in a recognized and established senior-level leadership position within their profession.
- Plan to contribute their time, talent and/or financial resources to the community in the years ahead.
- Have full support of the organization or corporation where they are employed.
The program year
The 10-month program year begins with a mandatory opening retreat in September. Participants may miss only one session to remain in the program. Session days begin at 7:30 a.m. and end by 6:00 p.m. Dates for Leadership Cleveland 2016:
- Meet and Greet: August 13, 2015.
- Opening Retreat (mandatory): September 10-12, 2015. Two overnight stays at class member's expense.
- Civic Engagement Day: October 8, 2015.
- Economic Development Day: November 5, 2015
- Education Day: December 3, 2015.
- Mid-Year Retreat: January 7-8, 2016. Overnight stay at class member's expense.
- Human Services Day: February 4, 2016.
- Government Day: March 3, 2016.
- Quality of Life Day: April 7, 2016.
- Class Trip: May 2-3, 2016. One overnight stay at class member's expense; optional travel day, May 1.
- Commencement: June 2, 2016.
Participants also work in small teams for two to three months to plan a program session day.
Tuition & fees
Tuition for the Class of 2016 is $6,000 and may be paid by the individual or employer. A limited number of need-based partial scholarships are available for nonprofit and government employees. Class members are responsible for additional fees such as overnight lodging for travel and incidentals.
For more information, contact Dr. Marcy Levy Shankman, Vice President for Strategy and Director of Leadership Cleveland, at (216)592-2259 or email@example.com.