Started in 1977 by the former Greater Cleveland Growth Association, Leadership Cleveland is one of the four programs that merged operations in 2006 to form the Cleveland Leadership Center.
Leadership Cleveland, a 10-month leadership development program, focuses on community assets and challenges to engage community leaders to further the growth and development of Greater Cleveland. The goals of the program remain constant: to build and strengthen regional leadership through educating, connecting, and engaging participants for the purpose of improving the quality of life in Greater Cleveland.
Criteria for Selection
- Candidates have demonstrated civic leadership.
- Candidates are recognized and established senior-level leaders within their profession.
- Candidates are willing to contribute their time, talent and/or financial resources to the community in the years ahead.
- Candidates have the full support of the organization or corporation where they are employed.
- Candidates are nominated by the head of the organization they represent.
- Approximately 65-70 participants are accepted through a competitive application process.
Applications are available online February 1 - March 15. Candidates must submit application and include two (2) letters of support from Leadership Cleveland alumni. Acceptance to the class is announced in June upon approval of the Cleveland Leadership Center Board of Trustees.
The program year begins in August and runs through June. Participants are allowed to miss one session during the class year. The opening retreat, which is held in September, is mandatory. Links to the program agenda, which is the calendar of program sessions days, and FAQs are below. Online applications will be accepted February 1 - March 15, 2015. To apply, click here.
Tuition for the Class of 2015 was $5,000. Tuition may be paid by the individual or employer. A limited number of partial scholarships, based on need, are available annually.
For more information, contact Dr. Marcy Levy Shankman, Vice President for Strategy and Director of Leadership Cleveland, at (216)592-2259 or email@example.com.