The application period for the Look Up To Cleveland (LUTC) Class of 2015 is September 1-30, 2014.
Each candidate must:
- Be a junior at a high school in Cuyahoga County
- Obtain parental consent and support for school absences and time commitment
- Obtain full support of school official for absences and time commitment
- Obtain two (2) letters of recommendation (available through the online application) from adults who are not family members
- Commit to attending LUTC program dates and comply with attendance policy
- Complete the on-line application
Each high school in Cuyahoga County is permitted to nominate /recommend TWO students to apply for LUTC. Teachers, guidance counselors or principals may make the nomination(s) and do so through the on-line application process. In nominating a student, each school determines its own selection process using the criteria below.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a strong interest in participating in LUTC
- Proven academic soundness (able to miss school days to attend LUTC session days)
- Active participant in school and/or community organizations and clubs
- Exhibited self-reliance, independence and the ability to take initiative
Look Up To Cleveland will support the internal nomination process of each school, and will respect the school’s recommendations for nomination into the program. Applicants and parents are advised that submitting an application does not guarantee admission into the program.
The Look Up To Cleveland applications are reviewed by the Look Up To Cleveland Selection Committee and the Committee determines which students will be accepted into the class. All applicants and schools will be notified of the selection decision by mid-October.
If you have questions or need assistance please email Program Director Stacey Talley at email@example.com or call her at (216) 592-2296.