Invest in Cleveland's future - your interns!
What is (i)Cleveland? (i)Cleveland is a six-week summer program that develops, attracts and retains the next generation of Cleveland’s leaders by connecting college interns to Greater Cleveland’s vast cultural, community and leadership resources.
- Weekly after-work sessions: Interns explore new neighborhoods, meet community leaders who are advancing the region, and learn what Cleveland’s civic, social and recreational scenes have to offer. One session includes a scavenger hunt in downtown Cleveland, and another includes an afternoon of community service.
- Power lunches: Interns attend at least two small-group Power Lunches where they have the opportunity to gain an insider’s perspective on careers in and around Cleveland from leaders at corporate, non-profit and civic organizations.
- Young professional mentors: Every intern is assigned a summer mentor for an authentic look at life as a young professional in Cleveland. (i)Cleveland mentors provide career and personal guidance, and welcome interns to join them in their activities and community involvements.
Who is in (i)Cleveland? Up to 150 young adults, average ages 19 to 22. Any college student interning in Northeast Ohio is eligible. Most participants are sponsored by their employers. (i)Cleveland interns have represented companies across Northeast Ohio. To see last year's participating employers, click HERE.
How much time does (i)Cleveland take? Summer 2015 kicks off June 16 and the program concludes July 29. Five sessions, including a scavenger hunt in downtown Cleveland, and another includes an afternoon of community service, make up the schedule. (i)Cleveland 2015 dates are below. There are two tracks to accommodate all interns. Interns attend only one session per week.
- Session 1: June 16 (Kick-off and orientation)
- Session 2: June 23 and 25
- Session 3: July 7 and 9
- Session 4: July 15
- Session 5: July 22
- Session 6: July 29 (Commencement)
What will employers gain from the program?
- Increased visibility for your organization among prominent business and civic leaders.
- A stronger experience for your interns which will reflect positively on your organization.
- An investment in your interns and our community.
What will interns gain from the program?
- Unparalleled networking with business and community leaders, fellow CLE interns and young professionals in the region.
- Behind-the-scenes immersion into Cleveland’s civic, social and business sectors.
- A working knowledge of Cleveland’s economic, cultural and leadership resources.
- An unforgettable internship experience they will share with their networks at home and school.
How much does (i)Cleveland cost? Tuition is $250 per intern, payable at the time of registration or by June 1.
How do I register or reserve spots for interns? The deadline to register is June 1; however, we anticipate that the program will fill much earlier than the deadline. You are able to add or remove spots up to June 1or until the program is filled. Intern information will be collected in early June. No intern information is needed at this time for reserved or confirmed spots.
Please contact Program Director, Jill Pecoraro with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.592.2226