OnBoard Cleveland is a leadership and civic development experience for early-career professionals who have been with their employer and/or industry sector for five years or less. The program that enhances communication skills, strengthens workplace presence, and creates connections between the participants, their employers and Northeast Ohio.
Through OnBoard, participants:
- Gain an understanding of critical issues, assets and collaborative leadership within Cleveland’s civic infrastructure.
- Enhance networking and presentation skills.
- Assess and learn to better leverage their individual strengths in the workplace and the community.
- Develop and learn to communicate a personal brand.
- Chart a path for civic involvement.
Participants leave the program energized and equipped to make a positive difference in their workplace and the community. They also become part of the 6,000+ CLC Alumni network, which includes the most innovative, creative and accomplished leaders in Cleveland.
Participants are selected through a competitive application process. Applications for the Class of 2018 will open April 3, 2017.
What is the time commitment?
Participants are expected to attend:
- A 1½-day opening retreat, including a mandatory overnight stay.
- Five, 3½-hour evening sessions (dinner included) each month from October to March.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is $2,000 per participant (typically paid by the employer) For organizations sponsoring five or more employees, tuition is $1,700 per participant. Tuition includes food, materials, session activities and the overnight stay.
What participants said:
“The OnBoard program is a tremendous opportunity for young professionals to learn about Cleveland from a professional, personal and civic standpoint.”
– Natalie Yakunich, Oswald Companies
“It’s a unique experience that is perfect for a young professional seeking to advance their career and further their knowledge of Cleveland.”
– Michelle Sustar, Crain’s Cleveland Business
What employers said:
“An excellent investment in civic awareness and leadership development.”
– Marty Guastella, Vice President of Human Resources, Oswald Companies
“[An] opportunity for emerging leaders to gain insight and create a high level of personal awareness of civic engagement opportunities in greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.”
– Connie Frey, University Learning Delivery and University Relations Leader, Westfield Insurance
For more information contact Jill Pecoraro at (216-592-2226).
> Program flyer