Accelerate 2017: Citizens Make Change
Presented by Cleveland Leadership Center in partnership with Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank and Cleveland Leadership Center are joining forces once again to accelerate the progress of Northeast Ohio by helping to launch ideas that aim to improve our community.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Global Center for Health Innovation
1 St Clair Ave NE, Cleveland, OH 44114
5:30 p.m. Pitch category competition
6:30 p.m. Reception
7:00 p.m. Finalist pitch competition
Local community leaders selected 25 individuals (five presenters in each of the following categories), from an impressive collection of innovative ideas, to pitch at the event. Meet the presenters and see their ideas.
- Community Change: Initiatives that make a meaningful change in people's lives, neighborhoods and communities.
Presented in partnership with Oswald Companies and Westfield Insurance Foundation.
- Economic and Workforce Development: Initiatives that stimulate economic growth, promote economic self-sufficiency, encourage neighborhood development or address poverty.
Presented in partnership with Oatey.
- Educating for Tomorrow: Initiatives that advance pre-kindergarten through college education, including literacy, numeracy, access, readiness and success.
Presented in partnership with Nordson.
- Quality of Life: Initiatives that impact life experiences, including health and wellness, recreation and social services.
- Transformative Arts and Culture: Initiatives that use arts and culture to transform people and places.
A panel of experts in each category will select one finalist to pitch in front of the full event audience who subsequently votes to determine the winner.
Thank you to our Host Committee members whose support is helping to bring great ideas to life.
Still need motivation to register? Check out the following media coverage:
*NOTE* Ticket price increases to $40 for everyone after 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 21.
Online registration is now closed.
You are welcome to join us at the event tomorrow. Please register at the Walk In registration table upon arrival. Tickets will be $40. Cash, credit or check accepted.
Discounted valet is available at the St. Clair entrance of the Global Center for all guests. Cost is $5 and will be CASH ONLY.
Pitch Presentations begin promptly at 5:30pm and the reception will begin at 6:15pm. The final program begins at 7pm.
We are expecting large crowds for this event so plan your arrival time so you do not miss any of the programming.
Contact Rachel Ciomcia at 216-592-2280 with any questions.