To build a continuum of civic leaders committed to our community's excellence by serving as a catalyst for civic engagement.
To be the premier center in our community for building and engaging civic leadership capital.
- Leadership: We demonstrate action, innovation, and a commitment to community betterment.
- Inclusion: We value all individuals and treat them with respect, courtesy and consideration. It encourages participation from individuals encompassing diversity of thought, gender, race, age, ethnicity and culture, sexual orientation, religion, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellence: We consistently strive for the highest quality performance and continuous improvement in all CLC work.
- Creativity: We are adaptive, responsive, and innovative in delivering the CLC mission.
- Integrity: CLC stakeholders act with the highest personal and professional standards.
In September 2014, the CLC Board of Trustees adopted a 10-year strategic plan, which identifies three-year strategic priorities to guide its offerings geared toward building a continuum of civic leaders who are inspired to become involved in improving our region.
- Leadership: For CLC, leadership development is looked at in the context of civic engagement. CLC offerings are geared toward developing leadership that is outwardly directed and aimed towards catalyzing individuals to become civically engaged.
- Civic engagement: The plan defines civic engagement as "Inspiring participants and alumni to embrace civic action by committing time, effort, talent, resources and/or networks to issues and challenges facing non-profit organizations, government, and the larger community."
- Continuum of civic leaders: The CLC continuum as referenced in the mission statement is defined as individuals who are at varying stages of life and career. While there may be chronological age overlap among the groups, CLC will focus on the life stage, not the age, in identifying program participants:
- High School
- Young Professional
- Early Career
- Late - Career
The Cleveland Leadership Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Thank you.