LC alumni, extend your experience and impact
Leadership Cleveland alumni of all years are invited to become LC2 Fellows. LC2 Fellows spend 10 months engaging in a project-based, outcome-driven civic engagement experience.
- Facilitate long-term, positive, sustainable change in Cleveland.
- Achieve tangible results to address a compelling issue or opportunity in the civic realm.
- Create meaningful relationships among alumni from different LC classes to optimize their talents and strengths.
- Continue the civic education and involvement of LC alumni.
Past LC2 projects
- The Class of 2017 is considering; "The First 2,000 Days of a Child's Life: Quality of Life, Health and Education."
- The Class of 2016 tackled the theme: "For the love of cities: Making Cleveland all that and more ..." The Fellows challenged themselves to consider how to make Cleveland inviting and welcoming to all so that it is a place where all can experience high quality of life. Details about their project will be announced soon.
- The Class of 2015 undertook the challenge of reimagining Collinwood High School. The result? Options for consideration for how to re-develop the Collinwood High School building and a process map for how to address similar situations with other school buildings.
- The Class of 2014 engaged in a project that capitalized on the renewed interest in waterfront development in downtown Cleveland. The result? A water taxi service run by the Cleveland Metroparks that goes up and down the Cuyahoga and out onto the lake. The service launched to the public in Spring 2016.
- The Class of 2013 committed to making an impact on education in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The result? Mentoring students at a CMSD investment school, an adopt-a-school initiative, and a "loaned executive" program that engages LC alumni with projects in support of the administration and leadership of the district.
- The inaugural class took on the issues of talent attraction and retention. The result? Boomerang events in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland and Washington DC.
- LC2 is limited to 40 participants and open to all interested LC alumni.
- Sessions: One retreat and six half-day program sessions at various venues in Cleveland.
- Cost: $1,000 for-profit sector / $500 nonprofit sector
- No strict attendance requirements. We appreciate that you are busy and will do your best to participate, but may find it difficult to be present at all sessions.
- Class of 2017 tentative dates (all sessions are held on Friday, 7:30-11:00 a.m., unless otherwise noted) are:
- October 28, 2016
- December 9, 2016
- January 20, 2017
- February 10, 2017 (if needed)
- March 10, 2017
- April 7, 2017
- May 19, 2017
Questions? Email or call (216-592-2259) Karla Wludyga, Director of Leadership Cleveland.