Spark: Grit to Great provides tools to keep up with new realities
Cleveland Leadership Center’s Spark: Grit to Great virtual conference on September 1, 2022, will provide business and community leaders at all levels tools to not just keep up but to get ahead in the face of a fast-changing world.
“Locally, we are coping with the long-term ramifications of the pandemic and witnessing sweeping leadership changes across our region – affecting every aspect of our businesses and our community,” said CLC President and CEO Marianne Crosley. “Spark: Grit to Great will help us embrace change and become more adaptable, create a culture of innovation, and learn to take risks and embrace failure as a path toward greater successes.”
The event will be 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. both in-person at the Cleveland Metropolitan Conference Center on the second floor of 1375 East Ninth Street, Cleveland, OH 44114; and livestreamed to a virtual audience. Tickets are $120 for in-person, $75 for virtual, and $25 for students (in-person or virtual). Registration and details are at www.cleveleads.org/Spark.
Featured sessions include:
- Opening keynote: “Liminal space: dispelling leadership myths and harnessing the power of the unexpected” with Harry Pepper, Ph., Senior Consultant, the telos institute.
- Fireside chat: “Cleveland reimagined; Bringing the new vision to life” with Laura Bloomberg, Ph.D. (LC 2023), President, Cleveland State University; Jeff Epstein (LC 2016, CEF 2007), Chief of Integrated Development, City of Cleveland; and Baiju Shah, President & CEO, Greater Cleveland Partnership. Moderated by Michael Jeans (LC 2016), President, Growth Opps.
- Closing keynote: “Transforming how to work” with Maggie Nichols, CEO, Eureka! Ranch.
Other workshops include:
- Choose to lead: A comprehensive approach to future-oriented leadership.
- A new model for a new world: Cleveland as a hub for media innovation.
- On the leading edge: The future of transportation & mobility in CLE.
- Take risks and fail up: The story of MetroHealth’s transformation.
- Collaborating for real change: The Cleveland Talent Alliance’s success.
- Equity and access in CLE’s neighborhoods: How The Davis complex is elevating Glenville.
Spark: Grit to Great is presented by the Cleveland Leadership Center and co-sponsored by Marcum, with support from City Architecture, Cleveland Foundation, Glenmede, and Lubrizol.
- What: Cleveland Leadership Center’s Spark: Grit to Great innovation conference co-sponsored by Marcum.
- When: Thursday, September 1, 2022, 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Cleveland Metropolitan Conference Center on the second floor of 1375 East Ninth Street, Cleveland, OH 44114; and virtual.
- Cost: $120 in-person, $75 virtual, $25 for students
- Information and tickets: cleveleads.org/Spark
- Twitter and Facebook: @cleveleads
# # #
About the Cleveland Leadership Center (CLC)
The Cleveland Leadership Center’s mission is to build a continuum of civic leaders committed to our community’s excellence by serving as a catalyst for civic engagement. CLC inspires and connects people to transform Cleveland by developing leaders of all ages through learning and community engagement opportunities.
Michael E. Bennett, Vice President of External Affairs
Work: (216) 592-2426, Cell: (216) 408-3874, email@example.com