Leadership Cleveland is a transformative, unique experience that enhances your collaborative leadership skills and deepens your civic understanding to help you create a greater impact in our community.
Through LC, you will:
- Explore collaborative civic leadership and why it is critical to our region’s success.
- Better understand the role and necessity of diversity in of our community.
- Cultivate relationships with leaders across a wide range of sectors, industries and backgrounds.
- Gain a greater appreciation for our community’s assets and the complexity of the challenges it faces.
- Your commitment
The 10-month program year begins with a mandatory opening retreat in September. Participants may miss only one session to remain in the program.
Tuition for the Class of 2024 is $7,500 and can be paid by the individual or employer. A limited number of need-based, partial scholarships are available. In exceptional cases, payment plans can be arranged.
There is a non-refundable $50 application fee, and class members are also responsible for additional fees such as overnight lodging for travel and incidentals.
- Selection criteria
Approximately 65 leaders are selected through a highly competitive selection process. Applicants must:
- Demonstrate a significant level of volunteer leadership in the community.
- Be a recognized and established senior-level leader within their profession.
- Have the full support of their employer.
- Obtain letters of support from two Leadership Cleveland alumni.
Successful applicants will be notified in June. Those who are not accepted are encouraged to reapply in future years.
Applications are open February 1-28 each year.
For more information, email Jolyn B. Parker or call (858) 353-0439.
The LC difference
At the end of each program year, participants indicate their level of agreement with a series of statements before and after the program. The charts below indicate the percentage of participants who agreed or strongly agreed with these specific statements.
I know about Cleveland’s civic assets, issues, and stakeholders.
I have access to opportunities to form relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
To learn more about CLC’s evaluation process, visit our Impact page.
To learn more about LC, email Jolyn Parker or call (858) 353-0439.