Advanced Leadership Institute (ALI) brings together emerging, established, and experienced leaders to tackle critical community issues.
The Advanced Leadership Institute, inspired by the Legacy of Carl and Louis Stokes, engages leaders across the career continuum to learn about and work to address complex community issues.
You will delve into the five Stokes policy areas:
- Public Safety
- Workforce Development
ALI will challenge you to address critical problems in these policy areas and provide you with the collaborative skill set needed to advance positive, lasting community change.
ALI Senior Fellows
The Senior ALI Fellows are a select group of civically engaged and influential members of the community with a keen interest in mentoring and supporting the development and work of future and current leaders. Senior ALI Fellows will be invited to participate.
Stokes Fellows are individuals with a clear personal vision and considerable leadership experience and responsibility within their organization. The ideal Stokes Fellow comes from the not for profit sector, public sector, or private sector. Applicants will be mid to upper level administrators who demonstrate a strong interest in civic leadership or a commitment to at least one of Mayor Stokes’ five policy areas in their community or workplace.
ALI Junior Fellows
The Junior ALI Fellows are selected from students currently enrolled in Cuyahoga Community College’s Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Scholars Academy by Tri-C faculty and staff in consultation with CLC.
Tri-C students, contact Dean Matthew Jordan to apply.
- Class of 2021 Schedule
- October 23, 2020: Opening Retreat
- November 12, 2020: Policy Area Session 1
- December 4, 2020: Policy Area Session 2
- January 8, 2021: Policy Area Session 3
- February 5, 2021: Policy Area Session 4
- March 12, 2021: Policy Area Session 5
- April 2021, date TBD by class: Working Session 1
- May 2021, date TBD by class: Working Session 2
- June 2021, date TBD: Public Experience
- June 25, 2021: Commencement
- Class of 2022 Schedule
- September 17, 2021: Opening Retreat
- October 15, 2021: Policy Area Session 1
- November 12, 2021: Special DEI Session
- December 3, 2021: Policy Area Session 2
- January 21, 2022: Policy Area Session 3
- February 11, 2022: Policy Area Session 4
- March 11, 2022: Policy Area Session 5
- April 2022, date TBD by class: Working Session 1
- May 2022, date TBD by class: Working Session 2
- June 2022, date TBD: Public Experience
- June 24, 2022: Commencement
- Your Commitment
Participants are expected at each session, including the culminating public experience in June.
Tuition for the Class of 2022 is $1,500 for Stokes Fellows. Senior ALI Fellows pay no tuition.
Limited financial assistance is available, and CLC will work with successful applicants to ensure tuition is not a barrier. Scholarships are determined via the scholarship application form that will be available on the same dates as the program application.
- Application Process
Stokes Fellows Class of 2022 applications are now open. There is a non-refundable $10 application fee. Applicants must have the full support of their employer and submit two recommendations as part of the application.
Junior Fellows will register directly through Tri-C. Interested Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Scholars Academy students can contact Dean Matthew Jordan.
To learn more, email Lenora Inez Brown or call (216) 456-8004.
Cleveland Leadership Center adheres to the CLEan Committed practices to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Learn more >
Advanced Leadership Institute is made possibly through support by: