Leadership Council and Akers Award recipients recognized
The Cleveland Leadership Center Board of Trustees welcomed new members at its annual meeting on June 25, 2021.
Board Chair Richard “Rick” Fedorovich, CPA, Managing Partner and CEO of Bober Markey Fedorovich, also welcomed new members of the CLC Leadership Council and David J. Akers Leadership Award recipients, and thanked outgoing members for their service. The meeting was hosted at the Greater Cleveland Partnership offices in Playhouse Square.
The new members of the Board of Trustees are:
- Jennifer Ansberry (LC 2017), Executive VP, General Counsel & Secretary, The Lincoln Electric Company
- Nic Barlage (LC 2019), President, Business Operations, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Akram Boutros (LC 2015), President & CEO, The MetroHealth System
- Elizabeth Grove (LC 2020), Chief Sustainability Officer, The Lubrizol Corporation and President, The Lubrizol Foundation
Outgoing Board members were thanked for their service: Emily Bacha (CBB 2018, CC 2007, LookUp 2005), Kenya Guess (LC 2018), and Rebecca Kopp Levine (LC 2021, CBB 2012).
The David J. Akers Leadership Award recipient is chosen by the graduating Cleveland Bridge Builders class to recognize a classmate who most embodies the spirit of CBB as a leader, someone with visionary civic involvement, an ability to influence classmates, and a sense of humor. It was created by the Board of Trustees upon the retirement of Akers as CBB founding Board Chair. Two CBB 2021 classmates received the award. Each will have an honorary placement on the CLC Board for up to three years. They are:
- Erin Gay Miyoshi, Director of Development, Ursuline College
- Tiffany Scruggs, Director of Benefits Outreach & Client Services, Greater Cleveland Food Bank
Rebecca Kopp Levine, outgoing Chair of the CLC Leadership Council, provided an update of the advisory group’s work to recruit CLC program participants, reach out to CLC alumni including next-generation program alumni, and engage in leadership training and community service. She welcomed Drew Stelzer (OBC 2019) as the Council’s new Chair. Joining Stelzer on the Council’s Executive Committee are:
- Vice Chair Debbie Lewis (CLI 2017)
- Cultivation Committee Co-Chairs Keshia Johnson Chambers (CBB 2003) and Angela Zellner (OBC 2019)
- Next Gen Committee Co-Chairs Anne-Marie Connors (CLI 2017) and Patrick Hackett (OBC 2019, Accelerate 2021)
- Training & Development Committee Co-Chairs Colette Taylor (CBB 2004) and Julie Weagraff (CLI 2018)
New Council members also were welcomed:
- Bailey Capelle (CBB 2021)
- Molly Dise (CLI 2020)
- Michael Ferry (CLI 2018)
- Amanda Cusick Kenney (CBB 2019)
- Rochelle Hallisy (CLI 2018)
- Rachel Jeavons (OBC 2020)
- Franceska Jones (OBC 2020)
- Brian Lane (LC 2021)
- Thomas Tyrrell (LC 1988, ALI 2020)
Outgoing members of the Leadership Council were thanked for their service: Matt Fieldman (CBB 2012), Jim Kemp (CLI 2016), David Valent (LUTC 2000), Hayley Williams (CBB 2019), and Martha Woerner (CBB 2018).
# # #
About the Cleveland Leadership Center (CLC)
The Cleveland Leadership Center’s mission is to build a continuum of civic leaders committed to our community’s excellence by serving as a catalyst for civic engagement. CLC provides leadership and community engagement opportunities across a wide spectrum of life and career stages to inspire, connect, and challenge individuals to make a positive community impact. www.cleveleads.org
Michael E. Bennett, Vice President of External Affairs
Work: (216) 591-2426, Cell: (216) 408-3874, firstname.lastname@example.org