Community Events & Engagement (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to email@example.com.
- Dec. 4: The Worldwide Intercultural Network (WIN-NEO) and Global Cleveland invite you to the 4th annual Holiday Celebration of Cleveland's Global Diversity Wednesday, December 4 2013, from 6pm - 9pm. at the Ariel International Center - Skyline Lake Room, 4th floor, 1163 East 40th Street, Cleveland 44114 (Free Parking) Free Admission. More Information HERE
- Dec. 8: The Messiah. Messiah Chorus of Lake County 65th Annual Presentation. Conducted by Kevin Donahue (LC 2014). 200-voice choir from throughout Northeast Ohio, professional soloists, String Orchestra, Piano, Organ, Harpsichord, Trumpet (free will offering). Sunday, December 8, 2013 @ 7pm. St. John Vianney Church 7575 Bellflower Road, Mentor OH (440) 255 - 0600. More information HERE.
- RTA Public Open House Meetings. You are cordially invited to the second round of public engagement meetings for the RTA Red Line/HealthLine Extension Study. RTA has initiated this study to enhance transit service in the northeast section of RTA’s service area. The study will identify transportation opportunities that may support and sustain future growth and economic redevelopment in East Cleveland, Euclid, Collinwood, and adjacent communities. The study will do this by collaborating and building consensus around successful transit service improvement strategies. The outcomes will guide RTA’s investments for years to come. More Information HERE
- Euclid Open House - Tuesday, December 10, 2013 | 6-8pm | Location Moore Counseling & Mediation Services, Inc. | 22639 Euclid Ave. Euclid, Ohio 44117
- East Cleveland Open House - Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | 6-8pm | East Cleveland Public Library | 14101 Euclid Avenue East Cleveland, Ohio 44112
- Cleveland Open House - Thursday, December 12, 2013 | 6-8pm | Collinwood Recreation Center | 16300 Lake Shore Blvd. Cleveland, OH 44110
- DEC. 11: Engage! Cleveland's Holiday MIX: 5:30pm at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. Complimentary parking and appetizers Cash bar. More information HERE. RSVP HERE.
- DEC. 11: UNCOMFORTABLE? Our faces show up in pictures every day—in LinkedIn profiles, on Twitter, on company websites, on business cards...the list goes on and on. But what do all these images—particularly our headshots—really say about us? Are we expressing our true, authentic selves in front of the camera? Does our personal brand shine through? Join Thrive, Cleveland’s Happiness Incubator, and headshot photographer/personal brand strategist Michael Cavotta for an experience that will forever change the way you see the camera—and the way it sees you. 5-6pm Munch and Mingle (cash bar), 6-7pm face facts keys to looking good on camera, 7:30 - 9:30pm Inside Out: Say Hello to the Authentic YOU. Cost $25.00. More Information HERE | RSVP HERE
- Ongoing: CLE City Life Tours. Discover Cleveland Neighborhoods; Tremont, University Circle, Downtown, and Ohio City. Cleveland Neighborhood Progress is pleased to offer citywide bus tours to introduce (or re-introduce) you to some of the coolest and more unique places to live in Northeast Ohio. Sign up now. Seating is limited. Cost: $12 includes t-shirt. More information HERE.
- Friday November 29th - 2:00pm
- Saturday November 30th - 11:00am
- Saturday December 28th - 11:00am
- Sunday December 29th - 11:00am
- Monday January 20th - 11:00am
- Monday January 20th - 2:30pm
- Ongoing: TEDXCLE Accepting Nominations for 2014: What creator, entrepreneur, artist, technologist, designer, scientist, thinker or doer do you think we need to highlight at TEDxCLE 2014? Nominate them HERE.
- Ongoing Cleveland Skylift: Have you ever imagined a Skylift in Cleveland? These folks did - help spread the word.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ongoing: SPACES, a non-profit arts organization that serves as a resources and public forum for artists who explore and experiment, is seeking committee members for its development and marketing committees. The committees meet monthly and members are expected to attend the majority of meetings and participate in fundraising or marketing projects under the committee's direction. A background in communications or development is preferred but not required. Please email Katherine Bulava, Board VP of Marketing & Development at Katherine@hathacommunications.com for more information or to join one of these committees.