Community Events & Engagement (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 27 - Mar 27: Vote for Cleveland in the World Wildlife Fund "We Love Cities" campaign. WWF selected Cleveland as a global finalist from a list of 34 cities from 14 countries on the basis of smarter transportation, cleaner energy, efficient buildings and less waste. WWF selected Cleveland because, 2013 was the year of Advanced and Renewable Energy, LEEDCo's offshore wind project in the Great Lakes, Mayor Jackson's annual summit, and Neighborhood Climate Action Toolkit. Help Cleveland claim the title of most loveable sustainable city! Vote HERE (you can vote once per day!) The winners will be announced March 27th.
- Mar 10-17: Shake the Square For nearly 85 years, Shaker Square has been the heart of a lively and diverse neighborhood with something for everyone! Enjoy a special 3-course prix fixe dinner menu for $33 at Balaton, Edwins, Fire, Sasa, Zanzibar. Walk the square to find discounts on select items at Fashions by Fowler, Christopher Amira salon & spa, and receive free popcorn with receipt from any participating restaurant. More Information HERE.
- Mar 13: Cogswell Hall celebrates 100 years in the Detroit-Shoreway residence. Stop by March 13 from 4:30 - 7:00pm and join us for cake and conversation. Tour the facility and learn about our long history of serving Cleveland's at-risk population. We'll have a special visit by our own version of Mrs. Helen Cogswall! RSVP by March 7th by calling Cindy at (216) 961-1568 x 311 or email email@example.com.
- Mar 15: St. Vincent de Paul "Gather, Give & Grow" Gala at St. Ignatius High School. Read more HERE.
- Mar 15: Deadline - Citizens Leadership Academy Seeks Volunteers for an interview project. Participaiting in this project will include one 45-min in-person interview in late March/early April, potential follow-up correspondence with the student via telephone or e-mail, reviewing and providing feedback on student draft, and a final recognition ceremony in May at which interviewees will be presented with the collection of student writings. More Information HERE.
- Mar 18: Big Brothers Big Sisters March Madness Tournament Event. 5:30pm at Market Garden Brewery (1947 West 25th Street, Cleveland). Registration is $20, and includes 1 bracket. Additional brackets are $20 each. Raffel and door prizes! Complimentary appetizers and cash bar. Flyer to share HERE. Register HERE.
- Mar 29: Go Bananas - Support Lake Erie Ink. 2-5pm at Wiley Middle School. Compete in teams of 2-5 on a 30x30 foot board and play Bananagrams in front of an audience. Proceeds go directly to creative writing programming for youth. To encourage youth to speak up, be creative and have their voices heard in the community. Get more information HERE.
- Apr. 5: City Year Cleveland - Rock the Red Jacket Gala. This years honoree is Bruce Akers (LC Alum) proceeds benefit City Year's work with at-risk students in partnering with CMSD schools. Details and registration HERE.
- Apr 8: bigBANG! 2014 5:45pm on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at Slovenian National Home, hosted by Social Venture Partners, bigBANG! will convene people from business, nonprofit, government, academic and philanthropic worlds who want to support a vibrant ecosystem of social entrepreneurship in Northeast Ohio and catalyze positive change. Keynote Speaker is Aaron Hurst CEO of Imperative and Founder of Taproot Foundation a globally recognized social entrepreneur, and author of The Purpose Economy and regular blogger for the Huffington Post and Stanford Social Innovation Review. Purchase tickets HERE.
- Ongoing Cleveland Skylift: Have you ever imagined a Skylift in Cleveland? These folks did - help spread the word.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific dates and times click HERE.
- Ongoing: SPACES, a non-profit arts organization that serves as a resources and public forum for artists who explore and experiment, is seeking committee members for its development and marketing committees. The committees meet monthly and members are expected to attend the majority of meetings and participate in fundraising or marketing projects under the committee's direction. A background in communications or development is preferred but not required. Please email Katherine Bulava, Board VP of Marketing & Development at Katherine@hathacommunications.com for more information or to join one of these committees.