Community Events (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 31: Club on the Square. Join the Boys and Girls Club of Cleveland on the Northwest and Southwest quadrants of Public Square for fun and games, from 12noon to 1:30pm. Enjoy ping pong, foos ball, racquet power, bumper pool, table games, dance performances, trivia, free throw basketball, volley ball, zumba, hula hoop, Nestle Frozen Treats, and Krav Mobile Sushi Bar and Off the Griddle food trucks. Or come early at 11am and go on a walk to help clean up downtown (walks will begin at the following locations: E. 9th and Superior | W. 9th and Superior | Huron and Ontario | Lakeside and Ontario. Get involved on social media at #greatfutures, #BGCCotS, and @clevekids. Flyer to share HERE.
- August 1: Army of Believers, CMSD 7th Annual Scholarship Luncheon. Key note speaker Felton Thomas, Jr. Executive Director & CEO Cleveland Public Library. Enjoy lunch, learning who the supporters of the Army of Believers scholarship supporters are recognized, and help improve educational opportunities and choices for CMSD students. Friday, August 1st, 2014, 11:30am - 1:30pm, at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, 24 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44113. More information HERE. To RSVP call (216) 838-0029, email AOB@Clevelandmetroschools.org.
- August 2: Stiletto Sprint and Soiree. Saturday, August 2, 2014 5-8pm Crocker Park. Join the Junior League of Cleveland, Q104 and Crocker Park for the annual Stiletto Sprint and Soiree, a short race in stiletto heels for both men and women, around Crocker Park. Enjoy beer/wine tasting a fall clothing and footwear fashion show emceed by Q104's own Average Joe. Ticket cost is $30, get them HERE.
- August 2: Krusty's Summer Camp! Great Event. Great Cause. Saturday, August 2 from 12 noon to dusk at Wendy Park, Whiskey Island Marina. The Cleveland 4 Group and friends of Malachi House present Krusty's 23rd Annual Summer Camp, a young adult event that benefits Cleveland's Malachi House, which provides spiritual, emotional and physical support to terminally ill in need of an available caregiver. $50 presale/$60 at the door admission includes all-you-can-eat summertime fare, adult libations and live music. For more information and to purchase tickets click HERE. Note: you must be 21 years or older to attend.
- August 7: Justin Bachman's Living Loud: Can You Hear It? MOCA, 11400 Euclid Ave. 6pm. CLC Alum Justin Bachman (SLA 2013) presents a humorous and moving account of the importance of self-worth, the impact of being different, and how to be proud of who you are and show it off to others. Presented in conjunction with The MOCA Summer Exhibition, "Someday is Now: The Art of Corita Kent." Guests are invited to stay after the talk to create a mosaic filled with acts of kindness. More information HERE.
- August 23: Neighborhood Family Practice Annual Fundraiser. Celebrating Dr. Ann Reichsman, as NFP's Chief Medical Officer for over 30 years. The evening will include dinner, beer, wine, coffee and ice cream, plus whimsical entertainment and live music by the Sunshine Jones Band - taking us back over 30 years to when Ann started her work with NFP! 7pm - 10:30pm on Saturday, August 23rd. Purchase tickets HERE, or call 216-281-8945, ext. 260.
- Ongoing: Participate in The Literacy Cooperative Top 10. Step up and take the challenge! 10 things you can do today to help improve literacy in Greater Cleveland. 1-Get informed. 2-Volunteer as a tutor. 3-Join our Read 20 Minutes a Day Challenge. 4-Take a child to the library. 5-Urge a friend to sign up for literacy or GED program. 6-Ask your employer about setting up a literacy program. 7-Launch a book seminar at your job. 8-Join the little Free Library movement. 9-Make a financial donation to help advance literacy initiatives. 10-Stay connected on Social Media: Hashtag #CLEliteracy, Twitter - @literacycoop, Facebook - facebook.com/TheLiteracyCooperative. Get more details and see the complete list HERE.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: email@example.com. For specific dates and times click HERE.