Community Events & Engagement (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apr. 23: Let Engage! Cleveland take you out to the ballgame. Mark your calendars to join Engage! Cleveland for a night of networking and baseball at the Cleveland Indians vs. Kansas City Royals game. Network with other YPs and hear from executives of the Indians Management Team about the business of baseball. Ticket price includes entrance into the game and dinner. This is a rain or shine event. More information HERE.
- Apr 24: Told#2. What are the odds? Told is a live storytelling series in Cleveland. Market Garden Brewery will host Told's second live event Thursday, April 24 at 7pm. Come early for a bite and a pint be3fore the show. The theme for the night will be "What are the odds?" The featured storytellers for Told#2 will be Thom Huggins and Sunny Nixon (CBB 2014). All audience members we welcome (but not required) to prepare a story on the theme and put their name in the bucket for a chance to tell their tale. Stories should be under 6 minutes, true, and have yourself as the central character. Get more details and advice HERE.
- May 2: Cleveland Clinic Children's Gala. Help Cleveland Clinic celebrate their young patients. They present an award to honor young patients who have faced overwhelming adversity with bravery, determination and grace. 6pm at the Cleveland Public Auditorium. More information HERE.
- May 6: Lunch Beat. Thrive, Engage! Cleveland, Scene Magazine & DJ Steph Floss present A healthy noontime dance party. Silent Disco. Noon - 1pm at House of Blues. If it's your first time at lunch beat, you have to dance. Details HERE.
- May 10: Saint Martin de Porres High School - Birthday Bash. The Birthday Bash is the annual gala fundraiser to benefit the young men and women at Saint Martin de Porres High School. Last year's Birthday Bash raised over $520,000 and was attended by over 550 people. The Birthday Bash is May 10th at the Cleveland Museum of Art. The evening will include a seated dinner, silent and live auctions, and an inspiring program. More details HERE. Contact Caitlin McDermott for more information at (216) 881-1689.
- July 19-20: VeloSano Bike to cure. Ride, volunteer or donate to help fight cancer. Ride distances consist of 25, 48, 62, 100, or a two day ride (accommodations included) up to 172, or 230 miles. More information & registration details HERE.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: email@example.com. For specific dates and times click HERE.
- Ongoing: SPACES, a non-profit arts organization that serves as a resources and public forum for artists who explore and experiment, is seeking committee members for its development and marketing committees. The committees meet monthly and members are expected to attend the majority of meetings and participate in fundraising or marketing projects under the committee's direction. A background in communications or development is preferred but not required. Please email Katherine Bulava, Board VP of Marketing & Development at Katherine@hathacommunications.com for more information or to join one of these committees.