Community Events (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to email@example.com.
- Jan. 10: Chubby Checker Concert to benefit Rescue Village, at HardRock Rocksino. Event to feature rock & roll legend Chubby Checker, surprise guest performances, silent auction, raffles, celebrity meet and greets and more. More information HERE.
- Jan. 19: 15th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Breakfast Celebration. 7:30 a.m. at the Double Tree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown 1111 Lakeside Avenue Cleveland, OH 44114. Keynote Speaker: Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins, Pastor, South Euclid United Church of Christ. Presenters: 2015 Class of MLK Holiday Scholars; In the Footsteps of Dr. King AwardTM Ms. Delores McCollum, Founder, MLK Holiday Scholarship Committee; Community Donation Recipient, Foluke' Cultural Arts Center. Details and Registration HERE.
- Jan. 22: Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. 5:30pm at The Renaissance Cleveland. Star-studded evening featuring awards, Cleveland sports celebrities and an amazing silent auction. Details HERE.
- Jan. 25: Famous an Infamous Women of Millionaire's Row, to benefit Autism Speaks. 5:30pm at Pine Ridge Country Club. Sponsored by Willoughby Rotary Foundation. Tickets are $65 per individual, $125 per couple, which includes dinner and the presentation by Dan Fuminski, Cleveland's storyteller. One-hundred percent of proceeds will provide iPads to the autistic community of Northeast Ohio. Call (440) 951-1312. Details HERE.
- Jan. 27, Mar. 10, Apr 14: Cleveland Council on World Affairs, Spring Speaker Series Sneak Peek:
- Jan. 27: A Changing Cuba and Its Implications for the United States by Ted Piccone of the Brookings Institution. More information HERE.
- Mar. 10: What's Next in Afghanistan and Pakistan? by Amb. Marc Grossman. More information HERE.
- Apr. 14: Taking the Curve: Navigating the New Latin America by Peter Schechter of the Atlantic Council. More information HERE.
- Feb. 13: Go Red for Women Health Expo and Luncheon, to benefit American Heart Association. 10 a.m. for Expo, noon for luncheon, at Cleveland Convention Center. Learn how you can prevented heart disease by creating a culture of health for you and your loved ones. Call 216-619-5162 or find details HERE.
- Feb. 21: Fly Me to the Moon. To benefit Kidney Founation of Ohio, at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center. Cocktails, dinner, live and silent auctions, wine pull and dancing to the music of Don Disantis, Event to honor Joshua Augustine, MD, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Wade Park V.A. Hospital. Call 216.771.2700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Purchase tickets HERE.
- March 27: Cuyahoga County Conference on Social Welfare. At Cleveland State University Student Center on March 27th, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. This years theme is, "IS Social Work Addressing Human Needs?" Come as a participant or submit a proposal to run your own workshop, to educate and advocate with other social workers! Six CEU's available for licensed social workers. Workshop proposal and more information HERE.
- Ongoing: Participate in The Literacy Cooperative Top 10. Step up and take the challenge! 10 things you can do today to help improve literacy in Greater Cleveland. 1-Get informed. 2-Volunteer as a tutor. 3-Join our Read 20 Minutes a Day Challenge. 4-Take a child to the library. 5-Urge a friend to sign up for literacy or GED program. 6-Ask your employer about setting up a literacy program. 7-Launch a book seminar at your job. 8-Join the little Free Library movement. 9-Make a financial donation to help advance literacy initiatives. 10-Stay connected on Social Media: Hashtag #CLEliteracy, Twitter - @literacycoop, Facebook - facebook.com/TheLiteracyCooperative. Get more details and see the complete list HERE.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: email@example.com. For specific dates and times click HERE.