Community Events (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan. 29 Told#7 9 to 5: Jobs themed storytelling show in partnership with the Weatherhead Women In Business, 5-9 p.m. at Market Garden Brewery. Featured speakers are Gina Morris Tohme, President of foundation. (A Brand and Communications Strategy Firm) (CBB 2010) and Adam Ross, VP of Development at Vocational Guidance Services (CBB 2014). Details HERE.
- Jan. 30: Merry Ploughboys/Luck O' the Irish Raffle to Benefit Malachi House of Hope. Windows On the River 2000 Sycamore St. Cleveland, OH 44113 at 8pm. The band is directly from Dublin, Ireland! Don't miss your opportunity to experience Dublin's top ballad group The Merry Ploughboys. Purchase tickets HERE.
- Feb. 7: MythBusters: The Explosive Expedition. Try dozens of hands on experiments at the Great Lakes Science Center. Details HERE.
- Feb. 13: Go Red for Women Health Expo and Luncheon, to benefit American Heart Association. 10 a.m. for Expo, noon for luncheon, at Cleveland Convention Center. Learn how you can prevented heart disease by creating a culture of health for you and your loved ones. Call 216-619-5162 or find details HERE.
- Feb. 13: Science After Dark: MythBusters. Bust commonly held myths of love and celebrate Valentine's Day in a unique way at the Great Lakes Science Center. Must be 21 or over to attend. Details HERE.
- Feb. 16: The Story of the Cleveland Play House. Dinner and lecture at Siegal Beachwood Facility to explore the history of the Play House, its legacy, and how/why the institition perserveres decade after decade. Register through siegallifelonglearning.org or 216.368.2090. More information HERE.
- Feb. 21: Fly Me to the Moon. To benefit Kidney Foundation of Ohio, at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center. Cocktails, dinner, live and silent auctions, wine pull and dancing to the music of Don Disantis, Event to honor Joshua Augustine, MD, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Wade Park V.A. Hospital. Call 216.771.2700 or email email@example.com. Purchase tickets HERE.
- Mar. 10, Apr 14: Cleveland Council on World Affairs, Spring Speaker Series Sneak Peek:
- Mar. 10: What's Next in Afghanistan and Pakistan? by Amb. Marc Grossman. More information HERE.
- Apr. 14: Taking the Curve: Navigating the New Latin America by Peter Schechter of the Atlantic Council. More information HERE.
- March 27: Cuyahoga County Conference on Social Welfare. At Cleveland State University Student Center on March 27th, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. This years theme is, "IS Social Work Addressing Human Needs?" Come as a participant or submit a proposal to run your own workshop, to educate and advocate with other social workers! Six CEU's available for licensed social workers. Workshop proposal and more information HERE.
- Ongoing: Participate in The Literacy Cooperative Top 10. Step up and take the challenge! 10 things you can do today to help improve literacy in Greater Cleveland. Hashtag #CLEliteracy, Twitter - @literacycoop, Facebook - facebook.com/TheLiteracyCooperative. Details HERE.