Community Events (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to email@example.com.
- Nov. 20: Cleveland SOUP. A unique dinner funding micro-grants for creative projects in Cleveland. Participants make brief pitches (deadline for your pitch to be considered is Nov. 14) and crowd-voting allocates a cash award. $20 entry fees go directly to winning pitch. Soup supplied and potluck dishes welcome. St. John's Church-Station Hope, 2600 Church Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114. Details HERE.
- Nov. 20: 60th Annual Humanitarian Award Dinner. The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio's annual humanitarian award dinner honors men and women of outstanding dedication and community service in our region. This year, they are honoring two CLC alumni: Rick Chiricosta, President and CEO of Medical Mutual (LC 2006, PARTNER), and Jose C. Feliciano, Partner of BakerHostetler LLP (LC 1981). Ticket and sponsorship details HERE.
- Nov. 24: The Arts of Thanksgiving. Multicultural showcase of performance and visual art, created as a signature program of the former InterAct Cleveland organization. Now an independent event, it features "visual and performing artists from all faiths and cultural backgrounds in a joyous expression of gratitude to God for the many blessings in our lives and most especially for the beautiful diversity of our city." B'nai Jeshurun Congregation, 27501 Fairmount Blvd., Pepper Pike. 6pm interactive exhibits; 7-8:30pm performance showcase followed by reception. Free. Details HERE.
- Dec. 13: N.O.R.A. (Northern Ohio Recovery Association) 10 Year Anniversary Black Tie Gala. An evening of recovery celebration featuring speaker Bobby Moore from Wednesday Night Unity. Enjoy a silent auction, recovery awards, recognition, dinner/dancing and sobriety countdown. Meet and greet 5pm, Dinner 6pm, Program 7:30pm at the Cleveland Convention Center, Grand Ballroom C, 300 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland OH 44113. Cost $50. Flyer to share HERE. Purchase tickets HERE.
- Dec. 17: ICC-WIN Intercultural Holiday Party. The International Community Council-Worldwide Intercultural Network, in partnership with the City of Cleveland, presents a holiday party celebrating Cleveland's diversity. Food, entertainment and more. 6 pm, Cleveland Convention Center. Details HERE.
- Ongoing: Participate in The Literacy Cooperative Top 10. Step up and take the challenge! 10 things you can do today to help improve literacy in Greater Cleveland. 1-Get informed. 2-Volunteer as a tutor. 3-Join our Read 20 Minutes a Day Challenge. 4-Take a child to the library. 5-Urge a friend to sign up for literacy or GED program. 6-Ask your employer about setting up a literacy program. 7-Launch a book seminar at your job. 8-Join the little Free Library movement. 9-Make a financial donation to help advance literacy initiatives. 10-Stay connected on Social Media: Hashtag #CLEliteracy, Twitter - @literacycoop, Facebook - facebook.com/TheLiteracyCooperative. Get more details and see the complete list HERE.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific dates and times click HERE.