Community Events (open to public)
Please submit your event or engagement opportunity to email@example.com.
- Sept. 23: Cleveland Rocks the Ballot Box. Tuesday, September 23rd from 6-9pm at the House of Blues Cambridge Room. Admission is Free! Cleveland YPS believes that there should never be a cost in becoming civically engaged. Light appetizers provided, cash bar. Space is limited, so be sure to register to attend today! Register HERE. Join the Facebook event HERE.
- Sept. 23: NorTech Innovations Awards (#NorTechIA). This event will kick-off the unconference (see event listed below) the Innovation Awards recognize Northeast Ohio's most cutting-edge innovators. Among the finalists is Sharon Sobol Jordan (LC 2003). Details & Registration.
- Sept. 24: Innovation UnConference (#NorTechUnCon). This participant-driven unconference has NO panels, No keynotes and NO PowerPoints. Have the chance to pitch your own breakout topics, on issues that matter most to you. The unconference will bring together the region's most innovative minds - from C-level execs to future tech stars and everyone in between to discuss the latest trends and technologies. Details & Registration.
- Sept. 26: Embracing New Beginnings Gala. 7pm, La Villa Conference & Banquet Center. Join the Spanish American Committee, it's Board of Directors and their community to celebrate 48 years of serving Greater Cleveland. This event will honor Ronn Richard (LC 2004) and the Cleveland Foundation. Details HERE.
- Sept. 26-28: IngenuityFest. The 10th anniversary of this showcase of innovation and creativity through dance, art, engineering and music – including an eclectic mix of over 50 bands and DJs as well as a wide range of tech-based art and performances and technology demonstrations. Programming and vendors will center around Dock 32, just north of First Energy Stadium on Cleveland’s Lakefront, with activities also at the Great Lakes Science Center and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. New this year: a summit on unlikely conversations surrounding entrepreneurism and the business sector, with everything from table top demonstrations, to lightning talks and pitch-a-thons. Details HERE.
- Sept. 26 - 28: NEO Cycle. An urban cycling festival consisting of competitive races and unique rides, connected by live entertainment an interactive, action-filled festival at Cleveland Metroparks Edgewater Park on the shores of Lake Erie. Visit www.neocycle.org/ for more details on specific rides, races, special events, and to register.
- Oct. 6-12: Cleveland Young Professionals Week (#EngageCLE). Explore, learn and connect at Engage! Cleveland's first ever Cleveland Young Professional Week. Whether you're into the arts, fitness, technology, business or economic development, Cleveland Young Professionals Week has events geared just for you. Featured events: Rise and Grind at local fitness studios, Lunch and Learns featuring Clevelan's most influential speakers, Network After Work at exciting Cleveland landmarks. Details HERE.
- Oct. 25: Ohio Fair Trade Expo. The Ohio Fair Trade Network, a collaboration of organizations and individuals, hosts a day of speakers, educational workshops and a marketplace with thousands of artisan and food products from around the world. An opportunity to become more involved in supporting fair trade as a model for socially and environmentally conscious consumerism. Free admission. Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014, 9am-4pm, at John Carroll University in University Heights. Details HERE.
- Nov. 14: Cleveland Boxing Invitational - Rust Belt Rumble. The first annual Cleveland Boxing Invitational, known as the The Rust Belt Rumble, is a fundraiser for the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission. This exciting event will be held on Friday, November 14, 2014 over the fountain in historic Tower City Center. We will feature collegiate club boxing teams from the Big Ten and more, as well as unlimited food and beverage, fantastic networking opportunities, exciting auction prizes, and an unforgettable downtown Cleveland experience. Ticket and sponsorship details HERE.
- Dec. 13: N.O.R.A. 10 Year Anniversary Black Tie Gala. An evening of recovery celebration featuring speaker Bobby Moore From Wednesday Night Unity. Enjoy a silent auction, recovery awards, recognition, dinner/dancing and sobriety countdown. Meet and greet 5pm, Dinner 6pm, Program 7:30pm at the Cleveland Convention Center, Grand Ballroom C, 300 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland OH 44113. Cost to attend $50.00. Flyer to share HERE. Purchase tickets HERE.
- Ongoing: Participate in The Literacy Cooperative Top 10. Step up and take the challenge! 10 things you can do today to help improve literacy in Greater Cleveland. 1-Get informed. 2-Volunteer as a tutor. 3-Join our Read 20 Minutes a Day Challenge. 4-Take a child to the library. 5-Urge a friend to sign up for literacy or GED program. 6-Ask your employer about setting up a literacy program. 7-Launch a book seminar at your job. 8-Join the little Free Library movement. 9-Make a financial donation to help advance literacy initiatives. 10-Stay connected on Social Media: Hashtag #CLEliteracy, Twitter - @literacycoop, Facebook - facebook.com/TheLiteracyCooperative. Get more details and see the complete list HERE.
- Ongoing: Youth Opportunity Unlimited Volunteers - For citizens interested in youth mentorship with YOU. Opportunities include Business Plan Coaches, Mock Interviewers, Resume Building, Guest Speakers, Field Trip Hosts, and Judges for Business Plan Competition. Opportunities to fit your schedule and experience. Contact Lori Peterson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific dates and times click HERE.