You want to advance the community. We want to help you do that by connecting you with opportunities to make a tangible impact by giving of your time, knowledge, skills and resources.
High School Career Mentoring
Help Cleveland Metropolitan School District students understand the breadth of career and internship options available to them by serving on a panel or bringing students to your workplace.Learn More
(i)Cleveland Job Shadowing
Share your work experience with a college student and help Cleveland’s brain gain. Students in (i)Cleveland are matched with professionals of all ages and from all sectors. Fill out a short form by clicking on Learn More below and we will contact you to customize the opportunity.Learn More
Young professionals are needed to make an impact on college-age interns working in Cleveland and participating in (i)Cleveland this summer. Mentors build a personal relationship that helps interns learn about Cleveland’s career, social and civic scenes. Check out the FAQ and then click Learn More below to sign up.Learn More
Other Community Opportunities
There are lots of ways you can plug in and make a difference. Below are just a few of the opportunities available right now. Have a particular interest, but don’t see anything below that’s a fit for you? Or does your organization have a specific project or engagement opportunity? Contact us.
300 volunteers needed for the Council of the Great City Schools annual conference
Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) has been selected to host the Council of the Great City Schools (CGCS) annual conference. The event brings together 68 of the nation’s largest urban public school systems to share best practices and collaborate on how best to confront the challenges faced by big-city school districts across the nation. Philanthropist and Microsoft founder Bill Gates is the Keynote Speaker. Actress Rosario Dawson and CNN commentator Van Jones will host a town hall meeting as part of the conference.
The conference will take place October 18-22, 2017 at the Cleveland Hilton Downtown. That’s just six weeks away, and CMSD needs 300 volunteers to make the event a success.
The goal is for every attendee of the CGCS Fall Conference to leave Cleveland not only appreciating everything we offer in CLE and the CMSD, but also feeling that every second of their conference experience was memorable due to our over-the-top planning, hospitality and devotion to making it a fabulous experience for them.
Help CLE put its best foot forward by volunteering a couple hours of your time.Learn More
Destination Cleveland Volunteers
Are you a passionate Clevelander? Spread the love by welcoming guests and providing them with an authentic Cleveland experience.
Opportunities to serve as a volunteer include:
- Airport Welcome: Greet guests right as they touch down in Cleveland and assist with questions they may have about transportation and the city.
- Hotel Welcome and Concierge: Help guests find things to do during their stay, and make them feel welcomed.
- Wayfinder: Greet guests, serve as directional help, and answer questions at locations around Downtown Cleveland.
- Special Events: Assist in welcoming guests, checking badges, helping with directional assistance, waving goodbye, and more.
- Bag Stuffing: Help to prepare gift bags for certain groups that would be given to each guest at their hotel registration.
- Pop-up Welcome Parties: Greet groups of visitors at exciting locations around Cleveland.
- Cleveland Script Sign Photographer: Take photos at the newly installed Cleveland script signs at Cleveland Hopkins Airport, Abbey Rd. Overlook (Tremont neighborhood), North Coast Harbor (Downtown), Edgewater Park (Edgewater neighborhood) and Euclid Beach (Collinwood neighborhood).
- Visitor Experience Survey Interceptors: Hit the streets during large events around town to ask attendees about their Cleveland experience.
Cleveland Codes mentors
Cleveland Codes is looking for folks who would you like to share their experience, advice, and mentorship with 22 up-and-coming future coders. Regardless of your background or specialty, if you can spend an hour or two working with/teaching our students on a Friday afternoon, they want you! You can pick any Friday that works for you. Contact Seth Pinckney for more details.
CMSD True2U Mentoring
Cleveland Metropolitan School District is actively recruiting mentors for the 2017-2018 school year for the True2U Program – a small-group mentoring program that supports Cleveland eighth graders as they explore their true selves & prepare to transition into high school.Learn More
College Now Mentoring
College Now is seeking mentors with professional backgrounds looking to have an impact with helping a student succeed both personally and professionally and, at the same time, improve their own leadership skills. They are also looking for companies who want a path to direct employees towards community engagement.Learn More
Greater Cleveland Volunteers – varied opportunities
Greater Cleveland Volunteers has myriad short- and long-term volunteer opportunities through Northeast Ohio.Learn More
CMSD Customer Service
Be a “mystery shopper” and provide feedback on the customer service provided by the district.Learn More