Summer Session candidates must be entering their junior or senior year in the fall. Tuition for the week is $350. Financial assistance is available.
June 19-23, 2023
Throughout the week, students will:
- Spend time connecting with your like-minded classmates.
- Build teamwork skills
- Learn about urban planning in Cleveland including the role community development organizations play.
- Explore local climate change and environmental justice initiatives and resources, as well as discover ways to get involved and make a positive impact.
- Delve into issues of hunger, food insecurity, economic disparity, and social determinants of health. Learn about local efforts to provide healthy food to all, as well as ways to help advance this work.
- Meet local governmental leaders and discover personal leadership strengths and areas for growth. Learn about ways to get involved in local government before they are eligible to vote.
- Reflect on your experience and consider ways to continue developing their leadership skills and involvement.
Admission is through a selective application process for students who demonstrate leadership ability, participate in school/community organizations and clubs, exhibit academic soundness, and show self-reliance and initiative. In addition to completing the online application, students must commit to the attendance policies. Applications are reviewed as they are received; early submission is advised.
Have questions about the Look Up To Cleveland Summer program? Contact the Co-Directors of High School Programs, Maya Smith (216-659-1289) and Patrick Emery (440-666-6982).