As part of the 10th Anniversary celebrations, CLC hosted two civic dialogues that empowered community members to meaningfully address important issues. Both sessions were open to the public.
The first civic dialogue We Are Cleveland: Race Leadership and Change, was held in April. Read about the conversations at that event.
The second civic dialogue, We are Cleveland: Media, Leadership and Change, was held in June. It was presented in partnership with Hennes Communications and The Press Club of Cleveland. and centered around solutions journalism: how it works, how it shapes/reflects public opinion, whether it reflects or sets the community agenda, and what does means to northeast Ohio.
Participating journalists included:
- Margaret Bernstein (LC 2016), Director of Advocacy and Community Initiatives, WKYC
- Micki Byrnes (LC 2005, Civic Engagement Boot Camp 2012), President & General Manager, WKYC
- Sara Dorn, Reporter on political interest and advocacy, cleveland.com
- Betty Lin-Fisher, Business and consumer reporter, Akron Beacon Journal
- Doug Oplinger, Managing Editor, Akron Beacon Journal
- George Rodrigue (LC 2016), Editor, The Plain Dealer
- Brie Zeltner, Public health reporter, The Plain Dealer
- Chris Quinn (LC 2015), VP of Content, cleveland.com