Sponsored by Skoda Minotti
and Westfield Insurance
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Conference Center
1375 East Ninth Street, Second Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
We are Cleveland: Leading for Change provided participants with leadership training, civic education, individual and community connections, and inspiration to pursue positive community change … and discover opportunities to take immediate action.
The conference, part of the Cleveland Leadership Center’s 10th anniversary, featured keynote conversations, interactive workshops and group discussions, and a Take Action Fair.
You can see takeaways and quotes of the day by checking out the #LeadCLE hashtag on Twitter and the event’s Facebook album, which has brief snippets from each of the keynotes and workshops.
Conference attendees spanned sectors and included aspiring and established leaders at all levels. The workshops helped participants:
- Hone their leadership skills.
- Learn from and connect with top experts leading the charge in NEO.
- Discover how they can take action and drive positive community change.
- Gain a broader and deeper understanding of the community, the issues it faces and how the challenges are being addressed.
- Connect with other community-minded individuals and organizations, and expanded their personal and professional networks.
Group discussions and exercises educated attendees about issues, provided examples of how collaborative leadership can address those issues and inspired attendees to take action. Following is a list of the workshop topics. For details on the workshops, including the schedule and presenters, check out the agenda. and the presenters bios.
Take Action Fair
The all-day informational fair featured tables staffed by local nonprofits and community organizations to share their mission, work and ways to get involved.